Chairperson: Sandra Barone (Compliance Officer – DB Thermal)
Vice-Chairperson: Natasha Reuben (Head of Transformation – Dell Technologies, South Africa)
The Forum keeps abreast of new developments on the B-BBEE front by inviting expert speakers to address members. Member companies are provided with opportunities to present on their initiatives which address transformation and which foster local innovation and job opportunities. Workshops on new legislation and critical issues are held.
- To assist members to interpret the B-BBEE Codes (practically and financially);
- To provide members with an opportunity to have constructive dialogues with stakeholders and government Ministers; and
- To monitor and compile submissions on proposed legislation that will impact members companies
Past Speakers have included:
- Claire Tucker, Head of Public Law and Regulatory at Bowmans, on “Recent developments in B-BBEE”
- Martin Sweet, Managing Director for Primestars, on “Business in Education: A Social Compact”
- Jacob Maphutha, Director for BEE at the dti, on a Refresher Course of the B-BBEE Codes
- Pippa Capstick, Executive Creative Director at A Country for Jane, on the THRIVE Programme
- Sanjay Kassen, Director at ENSafrica, on “Alternative forms of BEE Ownership”
- Brad Green, Executive Chairman at B1SA, on “Procurement challenges and solutions”
- Wanda Moraka, Transformation Facilitator & Training Manager at Transcend Corporate Advisors, on Skills Development
- Chris Hieber, CEO at Signa Advisors, on aligning Employment Equity with management levels
- Dimakatso Mathe, Founder of Bojadi & Botshegetse Trading and Projects, on how McCann achieved Level 1 status under the MAC Sector Codes
- Bomkazi Maputo, Deputy Director at the dti, on the Equity Equivalent Investment Programme
- Zodwa Ntuli, Acting B-BBEE Commissioner, on the BEE Commission
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.
View Previous Minutes:
This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.