Policy & Government Relations Forum
Chairperson: Neren Rau [Director: Public Policy, Stakeholder Relations and Communications, Sub-Saharan Africa – MSD (Pty) Ltd.]
Vice-Chairperson: Charmaine Houvet (Policy Director: Public Policy – Cisco Systems)
The Policy & Government Relations Forum is targeted at corporate-, public-, and government affairs practitioners. The terms of reference for this Forum includes the sharing of best-practice, the leveraging of contacts and the developing of networking avenues. The Forum explores synergistic avenues between companies and the South African government, and each meeting features an expert speaker who addresses an area of interest for Forum participants.
- To alert AmCham on pending legislation that may have an impact on U.S. businesses;
- To assist with submissions on proposed legislation impacting U.S. business in South Africa;
- Highlight successes through the sharing of expert knowledge and best-practice examples; and
- To explore common challenges that business is exposed to with government and parastatals
Past Speakers have included:
- Themba Dlamini, Commissioner for Development Economics at the National Planning Commission (NPC), on “Highlights of NPC work and priorities to 2020”
- Mike Judin, Senior Partner at Judin Combrinck Inc, on “The Social Ethics Committee as a driver for ethical behaviour”
- Ros Davey, Partner at Bowmans, on “Culture Dilemmas – A lesson in Risk Management and Governance”
- Chose Choeu, Amcham co-Vice President and Divisional Executive for Corporate Affairs at Eskom, on “Public Affairs and Government Relations at the table”
- Geoff Rothschild, Southern Africa Chairman at Control Risks, and former Chairman of the JSE, on “The State of Governance in South Africa”
- Dr Adrian Saville, CEO at Cannon Asset Managers, on “The State of the South African Economy”
- Ralph Mathekga, Political Analyst and owner of Clear Content, on an analysis of the lead-up to the recent ANC political developments
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.
View Previous Minutes:
This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.