People Management Forum
Chairperson: Mike Beaumont (Founding Member – Peloton Consulting)
Vice Chairperson: Belinda Gault (HR Manager – UPS SCS South Africa)
Labour and skills development are critical to every organisation and are at the forefront of ensuring that South Africa is a competitive place in which to do business. The People Management Forum specifically focuses on labour-related business issues that affect Amcham members. Workshops are arranged to find solutions to labour-related issues, and to share best-practice case studies.
- To address issues relating to labour and skills development.
- To influence legislation by compiling relevant submissions on related legislatory issues.
- To act as a platform to provide networking opportunities for members to share expert knowledge and best-practices.
- To gather information on skills and related topics to further enable discussions and ideas.
Past Speakers have included:
- Mike Beaumont, Owner at Peloton Consulting, on Employment Equity
- Lusanda Raphulu,Partner: Employment Relations; and Amanda Arumugam: Partner: Dispute Resolution, at Bowmans on “An Update on Employment Law”
- Marion Shaer, Director at Conflict Dynamics on “Managing Racism in the Workplace”
- Nerine Kahn, CEO at Employment Relations Exchange and former head at the CCMA, on “Labour legislation in SA: Where are we now?”
- Tabea Kabinde, Chairperson of the Employment Equity Committee, on the EE Report 2016.
- Neliswa Fente, Co-founder of SpringAge by Deloitte, on the outcomes of the 2017 Deloitte Millennial Survey
- Professor Imraan Valodia, Chair of the Nedlac Advisory Panel on the National Minimum Wage, and Dean of Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management at Wits Univeristy, on “The National Minimum Wage”
- Craig Raath, Executive Director of 21st Century Pay Solutions, on “Reward Trends”
- Tanya Cohen, non-executive Director at BUSA, and Director of the Retail Association, on “Important Labour Updates”
- Nerine Kahn, Independent Consultant and former Director at the CCMA, on “Do you know your rights – what both parties in labour disputes need to know and correctly use their rights”
- Rod Harper, Head of Employment Law, Benefits and Industrial Relations Department at Cowan-Harper Attorneys, on “Social Media in the workplace and Employer Remedies”
- Lauren Mostert, Regional Director for Johannesburg North at LabourNet, on “The unintended consequences of labour legislation”
- Nuala Gage, Principal Consultant for Performance Safety & Environment Solutions at Intertek, on “The proposed amendments to the OHSACT and its impact on business”
- Suemeya Hanif, Director of Employment at ENSafrica, on the top policies every company should have, why the policies are necessary, how such policies should be implemented and how employees should be made aware of them
- Gordon Angus, Industrial Relations Executive at SEIFSA, on “Collective Bargaining trends, present and future, and the implications for business”
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.
View Previous Minutes:
This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.