Chairperson: Duane Newman [Managing Director – Cova Advisory & Associates (Pty) Ltd.]
Launched in 2013, the Forum was created in response to member demand to keep abreast of current tax issues that affects multinationals, to compile policy submissions on tax legislation and interface with government agencies in order to address common issues encountered in business. The Forum discusses topics such as South African VAT and Customs, South Africa’s potential as a distribution hub, indirect tax issues and transfer pricing interpretation.
- To share information – including the impact SA legislation has on US companies and U.S. tax reform.
- To interface with government agencies such as National Treasury and SARS to address common issues.
- To compile policy submissions on tax legislation.
- To provide a networking platform.
Past Speakers have included:
- Keith Engel, Chief Executive at the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) on the 2017 Budget and what it means for multinationals
- Advocate Eric Mkhawane, CEO at the Tax Ombud, on “The Ombud’s link to issues and complaints pertaining to SARS”
- Mark Kingon, Group Executive for Operational Service Escalations and Support at SARS, and Narcizio Makwakwa, Executive: Indirect Taxes at SARS, on “An update on SARS operational issues, including a link to the reconciliation and submission of the IT14SD”
- Michael Lalor, Lead Partner: Africa Business Centre at EY, on a ‘tax spin’ on the 2015 EY Africa Attractiveness Survey, and an overview on the macroeconomic external environment and how tax fits into the findings of the survey
- Ismail Momoniat, DDG: Head Tax & Financial Sector Policy at the National Treasury, on a Q&A Session on the 2015 budget
- Stiaan Klue [Executive Director at South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT)] on “Tax and the ‘Second Transition'”
- Mansoor Parker (Tax Executive at ENSafrica) and Andrew Gilder (Senior Associate at ENSafrica) on “An overview of the Carbon Tax Offset Policy Paper and recent Carbon Tax developments”
- Mark Kingon (Group Executive: Business Operations at SARS) on “An overview of modernisation, tax clearance certificates and single registration”
- Cecil Morden (Chief Director: Economic Tax Analysis at South African National Treasury) on “Questions and Answers on current tax priorities and the national budget”
This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.