Public Affairs Forum
Chairperson: Neren Rau [Director: External Affairs & Communication – MSD (Pty) Ltd.]
Vice-Chairperson: Charmaine Houvet (Policy Director: Public Policy – Cisco Systems)
The Public Affairs Forum is targeted at corporate-, public-, and government affairs practitioners. The terms of reference for this Forum includes the sharing of best-practice, the leveraging of contacts and the developing of networking avenues. The Forum explores synergistic avenues between companies and the South African government, and each meeting features an expert speaker who addresses an area of interest for Forum participants.
- To alert Amcham to pending legislation that may have an impact on US business.
- To assist with submissions on pending legislation.
- To discuss and share challenges inhibiting business in regard to governmental policies and drafts.
- To explore common challenges that business is exposed to when engaging with government and parastatals.
- To share expert knowledge and best-practice examples.
Past Speakers have included:
- Ralph Mathekga, Political Analyst and owner of Clear Content, on an analysis of the lead-up to the recent ANC political developments
- Mmboneni Muofhe, DDG at the Department of Science & Technology (DST), on the Draft IP Policy 2017
- Coenraad Bezuidenhout, Managing Director: Strategic Communications at FTI Consulting, on “SA Politics, the Status Quo and the way forward”
- Lumkile Mondi, Senior Lecturer at the School of Economics and Business Science at the University of Witwatersrand, on “A forecast on South African policy post the Cabinet reshuffle”
- Pippa Reyburn, Corporate Commercial Director at ENSafrica, on “The law-making process in South Africa”
- Gina Schoeman, Economist at Citi Bank, on “A Macro Outlook for the South African economy”
- Dr Conrad Beyers, lecturer in Actuarial Science at the University of Pretoria, on “Credit Ratings – trembling with fear”
- Buyani Zwane, lecturer at GIBS and CEO of Breakthrough Development, on “Enabling Enduring Success: Effective Leadership, Managing Better”
- Coenraad Bezuidenhout, Managing Director: Strategic Communications at FTI Consulting, on “A Season of uncertainty and prospects: SA Political Prospects to 2019 and beyond”
- Mzoxolo Mpolase, Managing Director at Political Analysis South Africa (PASA), on “Understanding the ANC’s plans for Economic Transformation: Sober Reflections on the Resolutions of the 4th National General Council”
- Mike Muller, former member of the National Planning Commission (NPC) and Visiting Adjunct Professor at the Graduate School of Governance, Wits University, on “The National Development Plan (NDP) – three years later”
- Anthony Smith, Associate Director: Centre for Regulatory Strategy at Deloitte, on Business Risks for South Africa in 2015
- Julia du Pisani, Acting Program Manager at the SWPN, on the Strategic Water Partners Network
- Chose Choeu, Divisional Executive for Corporate Affairs at Eskom, on the Eskom War Room
Copies of these presentations can be accessed here.
View Previous Minutes:
This content is for members only. You must log in to view this content.